Han Geng Is Larger Than Life

I thought that I would just rest my fingers for a while after posting the translated article from Trends Health magazine, but it didn’t seem so..I really have to post these videos here and let you guys know how big Han Geng is…..even if he says he is not.! I hope that you guys like them too just like I do..
I would deemed this post as wrapping up the article on Han Geng in Italy..
We have seen his (stills) pictures and read the interview from the magazine and so now let us watch the video..Imagine those fans are already in the news together with Han Geng..!



Whether people like it or not, Han Geng is here to stay..Some hated him for his guts and some envy him for his popularity and the rest for no reasons at all.. Whatever it is, no-one can avoid him for long .. Whether the media want to or not, they can’t help it but to keep following him and writing imagery news/reports on him when there was  nothing to write on……
I have been following the Chinese  Popular Indicator chart (on YT) for some time now and I am so amazed that he is still in the Top 1 even though he has no new works or activities…He has been constantly on that chart and in that spot for weeks now..It’s just that I didn’t think of making a big deal out of it and so I didn’t bother to post anything on it..but I can’t help it but to acknowledge that Han Geng is larger than life..even no-one expected it or realised it, he is there for all to see..! Everywhere one goes or turn their heads, they can see his larger than life poster (in China).. This time he can be seen also in Singapore at the Yishion store..a very big poster of him gracing the store..so if one can’t see him in real life, then just have a picture op with the life-like poster..hehehe…! That’s as good as it gets..


Han Geng celebrated his birthday with his GFs by going virtual on “Mars” (HuoXing) on the eve of Feb.9…. Even if you can’t understand Chinese, you can still grasp what it’s all about. At the start of the video the lady  was saying  that the “people” were  starting to get ready by dressing-up for the occasion……which was to attend Han Geng’s birthday party in the virtual world..! hehehe…


I hope that you have enjoyed these videos..


These pictures are from his latest stint in Mengniu Sour Yoghurt and from CCTV? If you guys know something please share..thanks. We need some interactions and input here..hehehehe…!
Okay, my big question is : Do you like his newest hair-do/ hair style? Personally, I like it because his face is just right for any style..short, long, hippie, crew-cut or close-crop..whatever kind it is….they suit him well.. Bottom line is, he has a face to carry it well..sharp nose, clean jawline, high forehead, piercing eyes..and height..!! hehehehe….
Credit goes to those whose vids I am using here and to those as tagged in the pictures..thanks to you all.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , | 4 Comments

Trends Health Magazine -Part 2

This is the continuation of the translated article of Han Geng’s interview on Trends Health Magazine, March issue.
I think some of you were not able to access the link which I posted  previously so this is for you guys..!

Story III: My Kingdom
When the film “My Kingdom” was released, a reporter asked me, “What do you think of this fan movie?” I asked him, “Have you watched the film?” He answered, “Nope.” Then I retorted, “Then why did you say this is a movie for fans?” He said, “Everybody says so.”
“Everybody says so” — this kind of take-for-granted attitude is terrible. (Alternative translations: this kind of mentality is very scary.) There are some so-called “opinion leaders”, who would like to stand out and talk about other people’s lives volubly with indiscreet remarks and criticisms. In fact they are not the persons concerned, so they shall never know how much effort the parties have made or how the parties feel. Moreover, they just act on assumptions without any communications in most cases. As a newcomer of the cinema world, I should bear all the pressures any newcomer should bear, I should also make the greatest efforts to work hard on the things I should do, but I would not tolerate this kind of assumptions.
So I told the reporter, “Sorry, would you mind watching the film first before interviewing me?”
One of my friend’s parents filed for divorce when they were already old. The judge asked them why. The old husband said, “I hate poached eggs all my life. But she would prepare one every morning for me, making me eat it all my life!” The old wife cried, “You looked as if you enjoyed it very much and ate it up every time, I thought you only like it.” It even sounds a little funny, but it is somewhat a sad thing. I believe that it’s not only about the poached eggs, but also many other accumulated misunderstandings because of  the lack of communications and expressions between the two, happy couple became unhappy ones in the end and wasted all their life.
During the shoot of My Kingdom, there was a scene of ErKui (hangeng’s role) exploding and lashing out all his emotions. I have never received professional training on acting, so before the shoot, me and the rest of the crew were discussing on the best way to express this scene. We tried many times but they did not reach up to my expectations. Finally, we decided to use the simplest way—what would I do if I was in ErKui’s position? Yell? Rage? Make a big fuss? And it turned out that the most instinctual reactions could express the emotions in the most natural way.
In the past two years, I’ve learned how to better express myself, conveying my ideas to people, telling them what kind of person I am, and not just through words but through actions.
For example, many people thought I that I would act in  an idol  drama, or sing a dance song, but then it made me more determined to do something unexpected which will surprise people. I like jazz, I like rock, and I will infuse these elements  into my music to express my attitude. My dream has always been to be a good actor but never a good singer, and as a matter of fact, I don’t hide it or pretend  to strive for legendary achievements in music.
Short cut is never the path I chose or will choose to take.. This is the third story I want to tell.
Story IV:Twenty-eight Year’s Old

The question most frequently asked recently (of me) is “Do you feel CCTV Spring Gala Festival has boosted your popularity after your performance there and that all your hard-work has finally paid off?”
My answer is no, I have never actually viewed myself as an extraordinary person. My greatest joy now is that I can do what I like to do, I can choose what I want to do, and have more freedom for personal development. Actually, I think that I am quite lucky, there are others who work much harder and have harder times than me..  Besides, this is only just the beginning for me, there will be many more challenges/obstacle for me in the future and I shall try to be steady in doing everything and do my best.
Do I sound too formal?  I  think that time will cure  all problems.
I turned twenty eight on February 9. A rather awkward age. Am I matured? Even the staffs complained that I am too childish at times. But can I still be like a child? Eat when I am hungry, sleep when I am sleepy, cry  when I am  unhappy and forget everything when I am happy? Children might be the happiest group, and for us who have grown up, where have all the happiness gone?
In the VCR of one of my songs “Because of Dream” played in my concert, I said, “I always think that I am a simple person, but, it seems that, I did not choose a simple road. ” I really don’t like to celebrate birthdays because I think it’s just an excuse for people to party and have fun. Without a birthday, we can still have fun, can’t we? I don’t like to exaggerate things and maybe this has to do with my rather quiet and reserved nature.
During the flight to Italy, at the customs in the airport, my crew and I were called into a small room for investigation. Most people were rather irritated, but I didn’t feel so- Just give the customs what they want, that easy. My view is ‘By right, these procedures are perfectly normal. You are unhappy because you have not been granted the shortcut way. In this modern day, we must strive to simplify our complicated life and not exaggerate it, because our emotions and desires have already been magnified.’
If you were to ask me what is my greatest gain over the past 28 years, it is this – the greater the applause, the more I have to  calm myself and see what I truly desire. As to how I will turn out in the future, let nature take its course.
I don’t have the extravagant thought that when someone remembers me in the future, they will say ” Han Geng ..ah, not bad”
Story V: The Secret of Life
A young man left his hometown to seek his future. Before leaving, he went to visit the clan chieftain for some guidelines. The chieftain told him that there were only six words for the secret of life and the first three is : do not fear. Thirty years later, the young man has become middle-aged with some achievements and some sad stories.  After going back to the hometown, he visited the head again. Then he learned that the old gentleman had passed away. His family took out the letter he left for the young man. The anchorless man remembered that he only heard about the first half of the secret of life thirty years ago. After openning the letter, he saw three words: do not regret.
For my graduation in High School, I did a dance piece, called “Stepping on the Journey” aka “Beginning of Conquest”. Time flies and ten years have gone, but I feel that I am still on the conquest journey-It’s been five years after my debut, and I am still receiving awards for  best newcomer, isn’t this comical? Finally, after 3 debuts  I can truly stand on the stage that belongs wholly to me and sing a full song by myself. Isn’t this considered  a long conquest? But I have never feared or regretted before.
When I was a student, the most inspiring sentence to me was, “Begin everything from the most realistic and practical point”.
Hence in school, we would wake up at 5 a.m. and practiced till 10 a.m., kicking each leg high up into the air for 1000-2000 times a day. The teacher will observe you with a bamboo cane and hit you should you slow down. I couldn’t feel my own leg anymore after the practice, but could not complain at all, because this might result in punishment if the teacher heard it.
So if you ask me for the secret to success, there is none. All the things and people that I have encountered and experienced; no matter how plain, including all the hardships which I endured before, all came to enrich me and established who I am today. The amount of experience and understanding of life far surpasses most other 28 year olds would have, and this is the greatest treasure of my life, because they allow me to find the correct directions—to me, this is more than enough.
I am a very traditional person who want to get married and have children in the future. Yet, I am also very inquisitive and love to explore new things, play new games, meet new people, attempt new breakthroughs in my work, to achieve more possibilities. But the most important thing is not whether I like old or new things, but that after each accomplishment, I slow down to reflect on myself, to see what I have gained or lost in the process. When that’s done, with my original intentions and all my new gains, I clear everything and start a new journey afresh as a newcomer.